Class of 2016-17 with Director of PLS, St Edward's Teaching School and ITT Lead.
School Direct Initial Teacher Training
Information for Schools
The School Direct model is a school-led teacher training route, where participating schools recruit and select their own trainees with the expectation that they will then go on to work within the school or Alliance of schools in which they were trained, although there is no absolute guarantee of employment. St Edward’s Teaching School provides a service to schools wishing to recruit trainees through the School Direct route:
The School Direct (salaried) route is an employment based route into teaching for high quality graduates with three or more years’ career experience. The trainee is employed as an unqualified teacher by a school. The NCTL provides funding, which the school can use to subsidise the trainee’s salary and/or training.
St. Edward’s Teaching School Alliance works in partnership with the Partnership London SCITT (PLS) to provide School Direct ITT in Newham and its neighbouring boroughs.
St Edward’s Teaching School Alliance provides the following services for schools wishing to offer School Direct places;
- Recruitment of School Direct trainees, with the support of senior leaders from participating schools
- Training for School Direct mentors
- We offer training for 3-7 and 5-11 age ranges.
- Weekly sessions are delivered at St Edward's Teaching School which includes professional studies and subject related sessions. This programme provides opportunities for trainees to observe outstanding teaching and learning across a variety of settings and develop networks of local peer support
- Greater employment opportunities for trainees once qualified
- Administration including management of finances and funding
- A first point of contact for aspiring trainees
Schools interested in offering School Direct places for 2018-2019 should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register their interest.
Information for Applicants
Recruitment for 2018/19 will be open late October 2017.
Applications must be made online through UCAS Teacher Training and applicants must enter either St Edward's Catholic Primary School, Green Street, Upton Park, London, E13 9AX (1EG) in the ‘Search for a training provider’ field, course code: 37W8. Accrediting provider Partnership London SCITT (PLS) - School Direct training programme (salaried). Recommendation for QTS or equivalent. Successful trainees will be awarded Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) on the salaried route and a PGCE on the tuition fee route from our training provider, Partnership London SCITT (PLS).
For more information on the benefits of training to teach in St Edward’s Teaching Schools' Alliance please contact
Mr Ko Poon on 0208 472 4337 or on his email email@example.com
To find out more about the different routes available and for details on how to apply please visit the UCAS website here: