St Edward’s Catholic Primary School was designated as a National Teaching School in March 2013 by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
This status recognises our strong track record of working collaboratively to support the development of other schools, as well as the outstanding practice within the school itself.
Once designated as a Teaching School, St Edward’s Catholic Primary School, in partnership with its strategic partner schools, two universities, the Diocese of Brentwood and the local authority of Newham, established the St Edward’s Teaching School Alliance. Our alliance now consists of approximately 15 schools from Newham, Redbridge, Essex, Havering and Tower Hamlets, representing primary, secondary, faith and non-faith schools and academies.
- The vision of the St Edward’s Teaching School Alliance is to develop a self-supporting system over a group of schools and other partners to ensure excellence for all pupils across the Alliance. The Alliance will work across the Big 6 areas offering the following:
- High quality support for teachers and leaders at all stages in their career.
- Alliance members from outstanding schools around Newham and neighbouring boroughs.
- High quality experience for ITT students as part of a strategy for recruitment and retention of high quality NQTs including those in Catholic education.
- High quality CPD and Leadership Development in schools, which meets the needs of alliance schools and their pupils and has a measurable impact on pupil outcomes.
- Support for future leaders in order to ensure that as required, governing bodies are able to select highly credible and effective leaders and that no school is unable to recruit to senior leadership positions through a lack of credible candidates.
- Well directed and effective support to schools in challenging circumstances so that the pupils in all schools we support can thrive.
If you wish to become involved in order to feed into the strategic vision of the alliance, please contact us.
As a team we look forward to working with schools and organisations across Newham and neighbouring boroughs over the coming years.
Anne Marie Kendal
St Edward’s Teaching School Director